This option is ongoing. You may join at any time.
Coaching for Weight Loss
This is a unique offering for people who are serious about losing weight and would like to have ongoing coaching. It is ironically also
for those of you who want to enhance your program. We do an individual assessment to sort out exactly where you are in the process. You will be guided in making your own individual plan. You can learn about journaling and adjusting your food for weight loss - what to do when. You can look at things to do to start while you are actually working the steps. This is not Boot Camp. You will be given tools and shown how to use them.
The coaching is done online in a group using Yahoo and Google. Please note that the preparation for weight loss includes mastery of the steps, so if you decide to do this process and have not yet started with the steps, we will do that first. If you are well versed in them and are ready to proceed, we have a special section to accommodate your skill level.
I do want to clarify that coaching is not the same as the classes. It is more responsive to you and where you are in the program. If you want help and are ready to be be guided, this is the process for you.The benefits you get include learning how to do skilled journaling and to interpret it to really understand how the changes
you are making affect your well being.
Another perk of coaching is that you can attend the regular classes I do at no charge,
The fee is
$20 per week and is billed in 2 week intervals. It is an unusual opportunity to work directly with me to be liberated from your past diet history. The signup is under the *special* tab on the classes page.
These classes will begin April 19, 2017
We had a smaller than usual number sign up last week so we have deferred until this week.
Using the Resources of the Community
This free class will teach you all the ins and outs of the resources in the community. You will learn to navigate the community forum, learn how to use the resource center, check out Radiant Ranch, and learn your way around the website.
You will be on your way with an invaluable resource in your pocket!
We will be doing this class right on the YLD members list. There will be no charge for it. You will not have to specifically sign up for it if you are a YLD member and are on the list. This option is part of the changes in your YLD membership.
We will not be starting any classes on April 26 so we can get caught up.
Food will no longer be your enemy, but your support.
Last evening we had a big thunderstorm and half an inch of rain. We are in a moderate drought so the storm was a blessing.
This morning the dogs and I were taking our
morning walk. It was gorgeous out there, the rain was shining off everything in the woods, all the leaves on the trees, the ferns, the flowers, just everything, even shining in the mist when a ray of sun shot through the darkness of the woods.
I have Border Collies and a toy poodle. It is nice to walk with the bc's because they just goof around, they aren't hunting dogs, so they don't really use their eyes or nose to look for critters. My poodle caught a scent and reacted just
enough to get my attention, but no one else's. I looked up and over where she was looking (by then she was off on something else). That ray of sun was shining off everything.....and as I looked I saw a red gold color...I looked harder and in the wet sunshine and the mist I could finally make out the shape of a doe deer. She was standing so stock still that she looked like a tree. I would never have seen her had I not been really looking.
Right away I thought of the yoga tree pose.
She gave me a yoga lesson I will always remember when I do that pose. Even I could "feel" the roots she was putting down into the earth to steady her body and breathing and make her invisible to danger. It was just one of those moments in life where as a part of the universe I felt so tiny and blessed.
Then I thought what a gift this program has given me. In the pre-RR days, I would never have had this morning. First of all, I would never have been out there. The reason is
because today was a super busy day for me. I had to be ready to leave for the day by 9:00 am. I am usually home all the time and rarely gone anywhere for a whole day.
I had to get up, get my breakfast, walk the dogs, pack my lunch and potluck contribution, do all my chores, shower and dress all before 9:00! In the old days, just the idea of doing that would have stressed me out so much I probably wouldn't have gone.
But today, I had decided yesterday what I would wear,
eat, and had a list of things I had to have done before I left. I promised myself I would not turn on the computer until I came home. I was so well prepared that I didn't get anxious or stressed or angry. AND one of the first things I would have done in the old days was to not take time for a walk because I would have been too busy getting ready. So, not only did I get my walk, but I got a special blessing.
Then, after I got back from the walk, my niece called me and needed some
help in making a decision that was very serious. I had time because of my planning yesterday to spend 15 minutes on the phone LISTENING to her, not telling her what I thought she should do!
Oh, it was just such a special morning, I am so grateful. Talk about BE raisers--first the deer and then the dear (my niece)!
Plus I had a wonderful time at my day outing! Yep, this program is soooo much more than removing sugar! Cause I haven't even done that yet!
you all for helping me to have this wonderful life.
are the BEST. If you are not using a journal
from us, you are missing out on one of the best tools we offer.
If you haven't been to the store
for a while, how about just coming over and browsing. You will be thrilled to see
all the changes!
CORN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
1 cup blue (or yellow) cornmeal
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or flour of your choice
1 T. baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 T. apple juice (can leave this out and they will be more savory)
1 1/4 cups oat milk
1/4 cup oil
1 cup fresh blueberries (frozen can also be used)
Preheat oven to 400. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center. In another bowl, combine all the liquid ingredients.
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do NOT over mix. Gently fold in blueberries, avoid overmixing. Spray a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
|For great program-friendly recipes, check out our Cookbook in the
|For great program-friendly recipes, check out our Cookbook in the store.|
I like that YLD has evolved so much. The desperation about weight calms down. We get functional and mobilized. Yah, it really is Your Last Diet. The chats just bring that home over and over and over. You don't have to be fat or working on step 7 to join. You can be slender and caught in restriction and you will be totally comfortable.
Your program includes:
- LIFETIME membership
- Exclusive information on what contributed to your weight and what you can do about it.
- Special classes on weight loss including The Obesity Myth, Fat
Terror, Exercise for Weight loss, Clothing for your size and style. These will be at no extra charge
- Ongoing, in-depth discussion about successful weight loss with searchable archives.
- Weekly private weight loss chats held at two different times each week led by Kathleen herself. They are funny, informative and healing.
- Access to a private facebook group (secret) to share joys, progress, pictures and questions.
The most significant part of your membership is learning WHY losing weight has been so elusive.
If you would like to join us in YLD, come find us here.
When we originally started it, we had a LIFETIME membership. A couple of years ago we shifted to an annual membership and I just was never happy with it. So we are going back to lifetime. Any of you who went the annual plan will be upgraded to lifetime.You simply need to contact me.
Radiant Living is really just about the joy of recovery.
Living will allow you to share a dialogue with others - people who are asking the same questions and exploring answers boldly and with the humility that comes with doing the food.
These conversations will help you transform fear and give new tools for healing. We look at topics such as grief, crisis, trauma, emotional healing, revitalizing your program and stepping into your big self.
So the dialogue will be about the big picture and the practical ideas for daily implementations of
the changes you are seeking. The dialogue will meet you where you are and offer ideas that you may not have heard before. Let go of old thinking that growing up has to be hard or painful. This is about joy, discovery, fun and creativity. And, of course, LOTS of laughter.
There is no step requirement to participate, only honesty, willingness, and openness.
Your membership will give you what you need to master this new way of being. Your membership will include:
- People who understand and mentor you
- A dedicated list on Yahoo with my own personal involvement
- Access to a dedicated membership-only chat held at 2 different times each week
If you would like to join us in Radiant Living, come find us here.
**Sometimes it is the Little Things**
Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.
- I enjoy smells differently.
- I have more energy.
- I am able to love.
- I feel God closer than ever.
- I have lots of new friends.
- I eat food for fuel.
- I celebrate the real meaning of the holiday.
- Just yesterday, I noticed that I have collarbones.
- I smile.
- I wear two sizes smaller in shorts.
- I love my husband unconditionally now.
- I really LIKE looking at flowers.
- I enjoy my granddaughter more every day.
- The sunsets are more magnificent than ever.
- I am able to listen in church with a calm understanding.
- I appreciate the air.
- I have been able to forgive.
- I don't have any swelling in my ankles and legs anymore.
- My dogs don't aggravate me anymore.
- I don't smother when I lay down.
- My triple chin is now a double.
- I marvel at the whole Creation.
- I can think clearly.
- I am not embarrassed to swim in front of anyone.
- I no longer need a seat belt extender.
- I only weigh when I feel a loss.
- I thirst for knowledge and
actually seek it.
- I have let go of some of my perfectionism.
- I no longer HAVE to have sugar after each meal.
- I read EVERY food label.
no longer beat myself up for a mistake, but go on learn about it.
- I WANT to grow old.
- I care more deeply for other people.
- I get a pedicure now and then. (used to be a big hangup)
- Negative control is not as strong as it used to be.
- I crave those cool evenings relaxing on my porch swing.
- I can fit in most wheelchairs.
- I don't have to have the largest
hospital gown anymore.
- The birds chirping have become quite beautiful.
- I love eating "YLD Healthy Foods".
- I have become ONE with my local health food store.
- I am proud to answer "those questions" about my food plan.
- I love knowing that this program works.
- I love helping my family understand about fuel for their bodies.
- I can hardly wait until the
- I look at professionals w/admiration, instead of a threat.
- I care about my fingernails.
- I am much more organized in my housekeeping.
- I park farther from the store.
- I hum a lot.
- I WANT to exercise.
- I have learned it is ok to set goals.
- I no longer consider myself
on a diet, but I am on a LIFE PLAN.
- The sun seems brighter.
- I can ASK for help without the guilt.
- I can see my feet when I stand or lie down.
- I no longer expect myself to fail with my weight loss.
- I can tie my shoes without cutting off my oxygen supply.
- I can also tie my shoes in the middle of my shoe instead of to the side.
- I can say "no".
- I crave green things and feel good about it!
- I like cottage cheese.
- Fresh air makes me feel alive.
- I can cut my own toenails.
- I can wear a smaller bra size.... smaller panties too.
- I have so much more energy.
- I have less PMS.
- I don't worry about what people think about
- I don't feel helpless anymore. Even if things are not going my way or I have a slip, I know that I can help myself.
- Cinnamon is delicious without sugar.
- Corn is sweet.
- I wake up in the morning now (no more "10 snooze" mornings!).
- I don't hide "forbidden food" all over the house anymore.
- I don't sneak the wrappers out of the house so my husband doesn't see the evidence of last night's binge anymore.
- I wear shorts because I like my legs even though they haven't made it to their full recovery yet.
- I can fall asleep when I go to bed.
- I can play with my children after dinner since I no longer feel comatose from eating huge white meals.
- I feel *whole*, steady and real.
- I feel.
- I'm just plain happy and I can't put my finger on it.
- Things that would have freaked me out before don't
- Three months ago my protein was in my ice cream, wasn't it?
- I've figured out that this is about life changes, not just about food.
- I realize my life has more out of whack in it than just food".
- After fighting exercise and the journal so long, they have become incredibly important to me. Feel frantic if I've left my journal home.
- The journal is my home.
- am a size smaller but have only lost a few pounds.
- The "girls" (my chest) are a size smaller.
- I love shopping at the health food store. Shoppers are so much nicer there than at sugar stores.
- I've gotten used to packing two meals a day.
- I am very slowly gaining confidence in handling the feelings that the bingeing covered. Feelings really won't kill me, they do pass and generally teach me something. Sometimes the journal helps me catch feelings before I binge them temporarily away.
- I have finally taken responsibility for my own life after feeling abandoned by others.
- I no longer feel suicidal about turning 50 this Nov. Sometimes I feel that my life is just starting.
- I have reduced my anti-depressants by 25% in agreement with my doctor.
- I don't feel dirty, worthless and physically ill from bingeing nearly as much.
- My office no longer does doughnut runs every afternoon. The communal chocolate drawer is gone. I don't miss either.
- My food slips are more often portion explosions that sugar/white binges.
- I think my fist is shrinking. (HA!)
- I have returned to my art hobby and am having a blast.
- I'm not afraid of going to a family reunion this Sept much heavier than the last reunion.
- I don't go shopping now unless I really NEED something. I think I used to go shopping to feel
better (raise my BE's).
- My PMS symptoms have almost vanished.
- I actually enjoy wearing pants with a zipper.
- My migraines are gone - along with much of my fibromyalgia pain.
- I don't feel like I'm hanging on to life with my fingertips anymore - I have a much firmer grasp - and it's good!!!
- I've gone through really tough times and had the clarity of mind to make wise and thoughtful decisions.
- I don't apologize for making my food needs to be known -
I've gotten REALLY good in restaurants (remember how Meg Ryan ordered in the movie "When Harry met Sally"?)
- I have reduced the amount of alcohol easily and don't crave it like I used to.
If You Listen, Your Body Will